Monday, March 12, 2012

When did Stupid become Acceptable

           My first thoughts on this, takes me back to all the blonde jokes. A lot of girls started dying their and "acting dumb" so guys would like them. It became a major stereotype for girls, which to this day I still don't understand why. Looks may get you in the door, but if there is nothing in your head or your personality sucks most guys are gone real quick. Unless of coarse, your just looking for a quick "no strings" one night stand. Then again, I don't know many guys that would turn down "free sex"! Almost any girl can walk up to whichever guy they choose and say(for the lack of a better phrase) "Lets F*#k" and 9 out of 10 guys will drop everything and happily partake. Of coarse there are a few guy that won't bite, either because they are scared or just down right not use to being hit on. Then the girl just has to walk up to someone else and it's pretty much guaranteed. Guys have to ask out 100 girls to get maybe 2 or 3. Girls can ask 2 or 3 and be in the sack that night, hell that hour.
        It's just gotten progressively worse. It all started with Jessica Simpson and her stupid can of tuna fish. She is either really dumb or smart as a fox. I take that back, there have always been girls in shows portraying themselves as "dumb Blonde's." Jessica Simpson just made a career out of it. Then again so did a lot of other women. The major difference is most of those other women can turn it off and have a "normal" conversation.
        I just don't understand how this is acceptable. These women are role models and it's just teaching girls not to think for themselves. Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, is this what women really want their daughters to be like? What happen to women being equal and striving to be great? 
        Don't get me wrong, I know that everyone can't be super intelligent or have a personalities that outshine everyone else, but do we really have to glorify being dumb? We should be encouraging girls to succeed by bettering themselves, not rewarding them for "acting stupid." 
        I know some of you are thinking right now, "your just being sexist, guys act dumb too", and your right, well at least about the guys being dumb. The sexist part...not so much. I support women achieving everything they can and more. There is nothing more awesome than a women that is driven and knows what she wants!!! But I digress, the only reason I'm  not really mentioning guys, is  because guys don't really "act" stupid. They either are naturally dumb or they hide it well. I'm just saying, every time I turn on my TV, I don't see another guy making millions from being dumb. Ignorant, yes!!! Dumb, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment