Friday, March 16, 2012

Could We Survive?

          People always complain about how hard life is these days.If you think about it, the human race as a whole has become lazy and full of complaints. If you go back less than a century, people didn't seem to have as many "made up" problems as we do now. Pain and suffering was a way of life, but back then they mostly dealt with it, for the most part, they didn't have any choice.
          Depression might have existed, but it wasn't talked about and it definitely wasn't thought of as excuse for not being productive.The fact is people had no choice but to work and work hard.Stuff had to be done manually. The was no electricity or technology to do it for us. I'm sure there were lazy people back in the day, but believe me if you didn't work, you didn't eat.
         I just keep thinking about what life would be like if we woke up tomorrow and nothing worked. Could we actually adapt and go back to the way it use to be. It was easy for people in their time periods, but we only know life how it is now, we have forgotten what live use to be. Most of us have no idea how to kill and cook our own food or what it takes to live without technology. If you were to take away my phone and car, I would be completely lost. I know there was a time when I didn't need those things to get by, but that was a long time ago. I've completely come to rely on those things to live. I wouldn't even begin to know how to create a battery or electricity. If I want to make a fire, I have either a lighter or a match. I know there has been a couple times when the electricity goes off in the house and my first reaction is to pick up a phone and call someone to come fix it. Then the rest of the time, I'm walking around turning on light switches for no reason and picking up the remote control without even thinking about it. It is crazy to think how reliant we have actually become on technology.
        There are all these movies on the apocalypse and zombies roaming the earth. Then there is always some "hero" type that out lives everyone and saves the world. Well, I can tell you right now, that will definitely not be me. Human instinct might drive us to survive and repopulate, but I don't think I will be the one to do it. In fact, I'm pretty sure if it does happen, there might be a vast amount of people that do survive, but their numbers will quickly deteriorate. I never really understood wanting to be one of  the one that lives anyways. How miserable of a life is that? When and if it all comes down, I want to be one of the first people to go.
         End of the world bomb shelters to me are crazy, I mean you might survive, but at what cost? Living your life in a little box is down right insanity. I mean what if you do make it, then what? You don't die quickly with everyone else, you slowly watch as all your rations run out and you slowly die! Sounds like a much better idea to me.
         I guess the point of this whole post is just to realize how far we have come. Even though we might be technologically better off, for the most part we have lost most of the fundamentals of living. Just ask yourself, if everything were to be gone tomorrow. No electricity, no clean water, no gas, or phone, and lets not forget the most important, no internet, do you think you could still survive? I know most of you are going to answer really quick and say "oh, I could do it no problem". You might even give me a few examples of how and why you could do it, but really think about it. Be honest, cause your not lying to me, your lying to yourself. Also, you have to remember, there are other people out there stronger and more equip, they are just as messed and  looking for your free supplies. Could you bring yourself to kill someone? Do know how to protect yourself and feed yourself. You might be surprised by what the answer really is!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment