Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Must Be Getting Old

  It's funny to me that every generation has trouble understanding the generations after them. Growing up you always hear stories from people older than you about the struggles they had as a kid. Also, kids always have better toys than the kids older than them. I can't even count the number of times I have wished I was a kid again.
      I've always made jokes about older people and their stories "Back in my day we had to walk to school...Up hill...BOTH WAYS...IN THREE FEET OF SNOW!!!"  "You kids and that DAMN ROCK N' ROLL MUSIC." The funny thing is, now that I am getting older, I catch myself all the time saying and doing things that I'm sure kids today would look at me and say "Your too old to understand!" The worst part about it is, they are probably right!!
     The thing I have the hardest time understanding now, is taping your video games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about playing a video game. I'm talking about, if you go on Youtube or any other video site, you will see videos of people that have already played the game and are just taping it to re-watch it or show off or something. I really don't know why they do it. I mean can't they just play it over again?
      Lately, I have gotten into making videos. This requires a lot of time watching tutorials on how to do different effects and how to edit different types of videos with all kinds of programs. Every time I try to watch a new tutorial, there are all these tutorials on adding effects to already shot video games. At first, I thought it was how to make video games, now that would have been pretty awesome, but its not. I just don't understand watching yourself play a certain game over and over. Wouldn't you just want to play that game instead, you know, to get better?
        I mean, O.K. I will admit that I really never was a video game person. I have sat doing other things for hours on end while one of my friends sat there hour after hour just to try to complete one level, but at least they were playing the game. What enjoyment can someone have watching something that they should be playing? I am completely lost with this. The only reason I can think of to do this, would be to learn how to use different effects with different programs. The thing is, there are way too many of these video for them just to be learning tools.
        I remember a while back, when I first saw one of these video game videos, but that was for World of Warcraft, and it was actually a funny video. One of the characters was dancing around and acting funny. That is completely understandable. I  guess it has just evolved into people wanting to show off how good they have gotten at a certain game, which still doesn't make much sense. Unless they have conquered the game, that would actually make sense, but that is not the case.
        So yes, I will admit it....I am GETTING OLD!!!! Back in my day we didn't have all these crazy kids, taping all of their weird games....Putting them up on the YOUTUBES!!!!!! Oh well, one day these kids will have something to complain about too. It just part of life...WE ALL GET OLD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment